Friday, March 16, 2007

March Break

Well, it's been a busy past week. School is out around here - better known as March break. We took a road trip down to Chattanooga, TN and had a great time. Along the way we stopped in Lexington, KY. It's been a week full of eating all the wrong foods. But how can I resist when everywhere around were delicious, fat-filled yummy treats? I have to admit I did not stick to my diet - but a week won't undo all the good I've been working on. The BBQ was delicious. Georgia pulled pork sandwiches are the best! Not to mention Sonic shakes...we'd never tried those but now I know why the ads look so appealing. The banana cream pie shake really is as good as it sounds. It was really fun to sit in the car and order from the window and have a young girl bring our order out to the car. I haven't experienced that since the 70's A&W drive-in restaurants. Some things are just better in the south!

We got back earlier today. I don't know how I manage to sleep so much during the car ride and still have the ability to sleep more at my usual bedtime. A very odd phenomenon. But since nobody speaks to me, I might as well sleep and catch up on much needed rest. It was so nice and warm done there and coming back to below freezing with strong winds really was depressing. At least most of the snow has now melted. I can't wait for spring to arrive.

No comments: