Saturday, December 8, 2007

Preparing for Christmas

I have been remiss at writing. But hey, it's a busy time of year. At least that's my excuse and I'm sticking with it. I have been busy holding down the fort at my job. I was told things would be cooling down in December, but there's been no sign of that. Or maybe it's because anyone who had my position previously just didn't put the effort into it. This past week has brought a lot of snow and frankly, I'm sick of it. Winter is not even officially here and I'm ready for spring. I think the Woolly Bear caterpillars knew something with their thick stripe.


Today my son had his annual Christmas concert/play. He was the papa in The Night Before Christmas. He did a good job even though he's got some kind of stomach bug that seems to be going around. Aside from being sick to his stomach and resting the past 12 hrs, he was a little trooper. This past week we managed to go out and chop down our own Christmas Fir tree, decorated it, baked shortbreads and other yummy treats. Now my husband is making homemade pasta for company that's coming over shortly.

No comments: