Sunday, April 20, 2008

Wilderness

The past few days has been the most incredible summer-like weather and we are just enjoying every minute of it. Cleaning up the yard, organizing the patio furniture and just being outside without shivering is a real treat! The early mornings are fresh with the sounds of woodpeckers, Canadian geese honking, frogs chirping and songbirds chanting their melodies. I even saw a coyote yesterday up close as I was driving and he was scampering into the woods. That was pretty amazing. My neighbor has even told me that she's seen the odd wolf coming out of our property in the past few weeks. This confirms my theory from months ago when I saw what looked like giant dog footprints across our lawn (and also the occasional pile of bird feathers dotted with blood left near the feeders).

No comments: