Thursday, January 21, 2010

Dogs Just Know

I am constantly amazed at how "tuned in" my dogs are. This morning was nice and sunny (a rarity during northern winters) so I had decided that I would take my dogs on a nice walk. I am generally lazy in walking them but now that they need to lose some weight and it was good weather, I began thinking about the idea...but I hadn't mentioned anything out loud. As I finished getting dressed and putting my makeup on, both dogs were sitting at the bathroom door, which they usually don't do. It was as if they knew something was up. As I walked toward the door, both of them got supercharged and excited. They just knew we were going to do their favourite activity...a nice long walk. Sniff, trot, explore the country smells. So how did my dogs know that I was planning to take them out? Did they read my mind or sense my intentions via mental telepathy? Some people think dogs and animals aren't too bright, but I know full well just how amazing they are and how incredibly intuitive their natures are. I love my animals.

No comments: