Sunday, February 4, 2007

Superbowl Sunday

The big football afternoon is here in my house with a vengeance. Soon my husband and I will start preparing all kinds of different snacks and that will take us throughout the day. Yesterday we went grocery shopping and bought loads of the "wrong" foods. But I figure if it's just a day, I won't fall of the diet too badly. Besides, I don't have to eat everything - just sample...ya, right!

The past while I have been tending to my son's cut knee. He had an accident this morning while sitting on my exercise ball and fell into a sharp pointed corner thus bruising and injuring his knee. I don't know how many times I've told him not to sit on that ball, but having stubborn Italian blood in him, he always has to find out these things for himself. I feel so badly. I just wish I could make it all better. A couple of weeks ago, I had a foolish injury on the way to going out to my husband's business dinner and ended up cutting my forehead upon getting into the car. That was excruciating pain, so I feel even more for my son's soreness. Lucky for ice bags and lots of TLC. Why do these silly unfortunate things always seem to happen? Sometimes I feel like I have a black cloud following me around. A close friend and I named it that years ago, after I found out she shared the same bouts of hard to believe accidents and incidents.

And now the time has come after more kisses and a large band aid, to start making the munchies. I can hear a taco dip calling my name from the kitchen. And knowing that I really shouldn't be having it will make it taste all the more delicious. Someone needs to invent oil for foods that won't pack on the pounds.

No comments: