Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Rushing Around

My Dad used to have an old expression that went, "the faster I go the slower I get there." Ain't that the truth? I was busy rushing around this morning as I usually tend to do when it involves the family errands. Everywhere I drove to, I got stuck at red lights or behind some slow-poke driver who was cruising aimlessly. I went to a big box store to return an outdoor light for my husband only to get stuck in a big line-up. Doesn't anybody have an office to go to in the mornings anymore? Then I couldn't get out the door I came in as it only had a sensor for incoming traffic. It seemed I had to walk a mile to find the out doors. Well, at least I worked up a sweat as I speedily walked my way to the car.

The wind today is ferocious...and much worse when you're out walking in it. The dogs love it, but I am tired of cold wind and would give anything for a taste of sun and heat these days. Sorry pooches, but your walks are being cut short these days. Mama can't take the cold no more! I hear we are about to have some more snow too, just in time for Easter weekend. Ah, April in Canada...what a lovely thing. Ha ha...

No comments: