Friday, April 13, 2007

Sleep

Have you ever watched your child fall asleep? It's really one of the most beautiful blessings you can experience. Sometimes I do this at night while my son falls asleep. He's never been what I would call a "good sleeper" but watching his young face pause in the moment between my reality and his world of dreams always touches my heart. I think about how precious life is and how you must stop and live in the moment sometimes. Taking the time to actually examine his smooth skin, delicate eyebrows and cherubic lips reminds me of how fortunate I am to call myself his mother.

And when I'm feeling down, as I have been this week, he always knows how to change my perspective and feel special again. Just this morning, the first thing I heard him say to me was, "Mommy I'm going to take good care of you today." How did I get so lucky to have him brought into my world? Having him grounds me as a person, makes my life real and worthwhile. I only wish I could stop the hands of time and keep these moments forever. Time marches on all too quickly.

No comments: