Saturday, May 12, 2007

Bicycles

Yesterday after school my son and I went for a nice long bike ride. It's been ages since I've dug out my bicycle and I was glad I could still manage on it. Although at first, I thought something was wrong with the brakes but then discovered the steering was turned around! Ummm....blond moment. We zoomed all around our neighborhood for about 45 minutes. Great exercise and fun just to be outside together. I think the nicest part was when my young lad decided he wanted to collect all the noticeable large trash along the route and pitch it in the lamppost trashcans. He's learning about planet Earth and how people need to take care of their environment. He's constantly asking me why people litter. It was really touching to see such a genuinely concerned gesture. And believe it or not, that little bit of "tidying up" actually made the path look a lot nicer. Who knows, maybe others will follow in his lead.

No comments: