Wednesday, May 9, 2007

The Grey Tooth

Yesterday's visit to my son's dentist proved positive. The one tooth that has been becoming grey since his bike fall is apparently alright (and so are the grown-up teeth beneath). Whew! The dentist told me that blood can apparently get trapped inside the tooth which makes it discolored. Okay, now to just wait until it eventually falls out. We also learned that his top 4 teeth and bottom 4 teeth are getting loose, so apparently the Tooth Fairy will be busy around my place in the near future. I hope all of these don't start coming loose simultaneously, or that's going to be a colossal issue for him and for me. Yes, OK I'm being selfish or maybe squeamish is more the appropriate word as to the thought of his tooth loss. Being that he is completely terrified at the sight of even a droplet of blood, this whole new chapter is daunting to say the least. I am dreading the first tooth! Will it come out on its own or will I have to be mommy Evil & pull it? Eeks...why don't they just give out parenting manuals when they're born? Or at least a little, tiny clue to help in spots like this?

No comments: