Thursday, May 3, 2007

Lots of Tears

As I was saying in my last post...life is never dull. Well, that certainly proved true 2 nights ago when my son suddenly fell off his bicycle. My brother-in-law was watching him when suddenly he swerved the handle bars and ended up falling face first into the cement. I raced outside full of angst at what I might see, only to see my baby crying his little heart out and holding his mouth. This could not be good, I'm thinking. The bulk of his injury was his mouth. Being that he hasn't yet lost a tooth, I hoped this was not going to be the first night the tooth fairy would visit. That would make for a horrible memory.
Luckily no bones were broken and his face looked relatively alright (albeit from the several chaffing marks). But his top couple of teeth around the gums were bleeding and it looked a bit ominous. I rushed to put the ice pack on his mouth as he wailed himself to sleep in my arms eventually. Nothing is worse than seeing your child hurt and in pain. I just wanted to absorb all of it for him so that he would flash his smile at me or let out a belly laugh once again. I am happy to report that this morning he is well on the mend...but he tells me that his front tooth is wiggly...hmmm...

No comments: