Monday, May 14, 2007

Mother's Day

Yesterday was a really nice Mother's Day with my family. It started out with my son waking me up with a hug and a, "Happy Mother's Day Mom" along with a bunch of cute cards...some of which he made at school. Those handmade ones are my favorites and will eventually go into my personal stash of his little projects. Isn't it funny how we save all these things during their stages of growth? I remember my mom saving all kinds of my things as I went through school and at the time, just couldn't for the life of me understand why she would save such things. Now I completely get it. The old adage about youth being wasted on the young is so true. It's a shame we can't really understand until we've walked in the shoes. As for some of those old school workbooks of mine, my mom still has some in her basement. As an adult, I flash right back into the time that I did that work and feel special that she thought enough to actually keep them for me.
After a slow morning, we all went out to our favorite little Italian restaurant and had a divine lunch. I was definitely not worrying about the calories. Every bite was scrumptious - from the linguine with garlic and oil to the sea bass and giant shrimp entree (all to be washed down with Prosecco). And the tartufo dessert was definitely a tummy pleaser. Why do all the good foods have to be so "wrong." Oh well, life is short and you have to enjoy every little moment with great zest! Cheers!

No comments: