Tuesday, May 15, 2007

What a Ride

Today's adventure involved my car...or should I call it my "low-roller." For those unfamiliar with what that is, picture a bobble head and you'll get the gist. Driving around yesterday in my big beastly SUV, the back end suddenly got lower and started to bounce every time I hit the smallest dip in the road. And living in an area where the climate changes quicker than hours in a day, you can imagine how de-constructed our roads really are. As my son sat in the back attempting to eat a hot dog (after running errands), I heard him holler, "Mom I can't even eat without getting ketchup and mustard all over my shirt!" I just took to laughing as I've never experienced a car that jumped like a jackrabbit being chased by a coyote before. Good thing I like roller coasters and can find the humor in bouncing up and down in the car (without La Bamba playing either!) as it slowly clings to every divot in the road. I just got back from taking it in to the shop. As I drove madly across the 407 highway to get to the dealership (frenetically bouncing I might add), I thought about how absolutely stupid I must have looked. When I was 18 I might have enjoyed a car that danced on its own, but in all honestly it doesn't suit a woman over 30!

No comments: