Friday, May 18, 2007

The Challenges of Making Dinner

I got the car fixed after just that one night. Ahh, so nice to ride without the sproing-effect. I'm tired today so I'm not going to write much. Had a rough night with little sleep. Woke up & just couldn't fall back. I'm full of anxiety these days. Can't stand it. Makes me wonder how I'll ever deal with the change of life.

This week's weather has been insane. Two days ago it was 92F & then Thursday morning was around 50F. Great weather for sickness. I have to tell you another "black cloud" moment for me. Wednesday night we decided to have homemade pizzas on the grill. So my hubby & son had theirs all cooked. At the time a giant thunderstorm was about to ensue. But I figured I could get mine on the bbq even if it was starting to rain. Surely it would be cooked before the sky opened, no? Ooooh, noooo!! As I watched the monsoon pelt down and sizzle on the bbq, it was not looking good for me to rescue my dinner. And just when I really needed to get out there & bring that hot pizza in before it burned, nickle size hail decided to decent. I raced outside, grabbed my meal and ran inside, hair covered in hail, clothes stuck to my body from the rain. So after that, I ate my meal alone, in my bathrobe in a moment of silence. And that's just how things roll in my world.

No comments: