Sunday, June 24, 2007

Southern Food

After much ado, we are now in Chattanooga, TN and it is beautifully hot here...99F and I love it. It's the first time I've felt warm in a long time. At the moment it is clouding over and I think a thunderstorm is on its way. For lunch we stopped at Famous Dave's BBQ where my hubby had ribs, I had a pulled pork sandwich and my son had catfish fingers. Hey, we're in the south so do as the locals do, right? I've got to tell you I was looking for a healthier, lighter alternative to a heavy sandwich so I thought salad would be the right choice. But I've never seen a salad with so much meat, cheese and Piknik french fry sticks! That was an interesting twist on the crunch element. All in all it was delicious (and so was the cornmeal muffin on the side). We also visited a local grocery story called Bi Lo and got some water and munchies for the room. After seeing all the tempting junk food, I think it could be a challenge to stay slim in this neck of the woods. Anyway, it is now time to veg-out in the hotel room and just relax after the long drive from back north.

No comments: