Thursday, June 21, 2007

Summer is Here

It was another hectic day that started off on a sleepy foot this morning. My son was calling me at 5:40 am in order to come back to my bed, so that threw me off my deep sleep. Oh well...c'est la vie! Somehow I managed to drop my son off at school and then drive my dogs over an hour away to a great kennel (Autumn Acres) where they will stay for the next week. We are on our way south to Tennessee tomorrow. I'm looking forward to a change of scenery and some respite from all the stress that's been happening in my life lately.
My son finished up school today and got the numbers of his friends and said his summer goodbyes. His favorite girl friend from class gave him a big hug and told him she'd miss him. I thought that was sweet. She's a really nice little girl and it turns out where we're moving is not that far away from her. Weird how things like that happen. So tonight we'll throw some sausages on the grill, get packed and hopefully have a decent sleep.

No comments: