Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Philosophical Thoughts

I can't believe that the end of school is this week! How can a grade go by so quickly? When you're little, a school year seems to take forever to pass. But now that I'm on the other end of the stick as a parent, I appreciate just how fast time flies. And I can't say that I like it. I'm coming closer to turning another year older and so is my son. It's so amazing to see the changes happen. What is not amazing is how we get older with each passing day. I used to hear these words from my parents and now I totally understand what they meant.


I was talking with my brother-in-law last night about the new book entitled, The Secret. I must get reading that. The whole concept of like attracting like is quite fascinating. I am totally open to non-concrete thinking (maybe it's an escape from my anxiety-burdened personality). He was telling me about starting each day with a thank you for the abundance in your life and I think I will start trying this. My husband thought we were both nuts as we discussed philosophical thoughts. But it was so refreshing to converse in that manner. Even if he's closed off to alternative thought patterns, I think I'm going to give it a serious shot over the next month and see what happens.

No comments: