Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Sold

Last night it happened. We sold the house. I am still in emotional no-man's land. My husband is thrilled to have closed this chapter on the real estate deal. I on the other hand, am sad to know that all my memories from this part of my life are coming to an end. It's daunting to move to a new place, but I think what is worrying me most these days is wondering how lonely I will be. That sounds pretty shallow I realize, but it is a concern for me. You see, even though here in our suburb the houses are close together and I have many rooms that look onto the neighbor's brick walls, I can still see people and life nearby. My son and I took a drive to the new country house last night and I got to thinking about the serious lack of people. Having views of nature out the windows will be lovely, but I am not sure how to nix this nagging anxiety in my gut right now. I just have to keep having faith that everything will work out for the best.

No comments: