Saturday, July 28, 2007

Summer Lunch

I made a really tasty sandwich for lunch today. It was inspired from a recent episode of Giada's Italian Kitchen. Start with a black olive infused focaccia sliced in half. I love focaccia...to me it's the perfect bread. Spread on a nice creamy goat cheese or chevre. Slice some peaches thinly and place onto the cheese. Sprinkle a little cracked pepper and drizzle with honey. Top with the other half slice of focaccia and place in a sandwich press. After about 2 minutes the bread is crispy, the cheese is warm and gooey and it tastes divine! Accompanying it, I made a salad with Parma prosciutto, sliced peaches, mango dressing and shaved Parmesan. It was tasty but not as good as the recipe I have (somewhere) for a Peach and Prosciutto salad. Now that peaches are in season, I have to make this. It's a lunch I could eat anytime and haven't had the pleasure since last summer.

No comments: