Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Moving In

What an exhausting past few days. The move has officially happened and I am in the process of now trying to unload all these boxes. My garage looks like a warehouse. It's a good thing I can see the humor in all this or I would just surrender to my brief bouts of sheer fatigue. I have made many trips back and forth between the suburbs and the country. I can see where I'll need to keep the car filled regularly as each trip sees the gas needle move a little south each time. Last night my son and I took a little bike ride around our dirt road to explore. Since we haven't actually been inside the 7 acres we now have (being that it's wetlands), I wanted to see what was there from the side of the road. We discovered a large pond surrounded by tall pines and bush. Amongst the lilly pads and bulrushes, a large Blue Heron stood quietly. Once disturbed by our excitement, he flew off. It was beautiful. Just of note, I have already seen my first signs of fall - some red leaves already on the sumac trees. Hmmm....

No comments: