Thursday, August 16, 2007

Busy

Amidst all of this hubbub, I started a new job yesterday. Sure I like to be busy but today I was feeling a little over the edge and pulled in too many directions to be useful in any one. I accomplished some organizing of my closet this evening (and was finally able to find sleep attire and fresh underwear - a major accomplishment these days). One box down, another half a warehouse to tackle over the weekend. I paused this evening at dusk to watch the crimson skyline squeezed behind the looming pine trees in my backyard. All I could hear was a cacophony of cricket songs. It is such a treat to hear the sounds of nature (instead of the drone of city life). I am fortunate to be able to experience these beautiful treats. In the crazy world we live in, it is important to take even one minute each day to just stop, look around and soak in the sounds of life (quiet or noisy). PS - I have some great pictures I will post soon...I just have to find the box that contains my USB cord!

No comments: