Friday, September 7, 2007

Back to School is Not Always Easy

As I sit in my living room watching the 20th Anniversary week on Live with Regis and Kelly, I'm chowing down a bowl of President's Choice Fiber One, a twig-like, crunchy, fibrous cereal. This is actually one of the few moments I've had this week to sit down and have something of quality to eat, not to mention add some fiber to my much suffering diet lately. The first week back to school has not been a great one. Tuesday, the first day, my son was still not over his feverish cold and required yet one more day at home to rest, of course. After all the sniffling (and belligerent refusal to blow his nose when necessary), his skin became chaffed to the point of looking like a red raw moustache. Today it is now down to a half a scabby brownish stain. My poor baby boy. Life is one big melodrama after another it seems lately. Yesterday as I was driving across Toronto, to an appointment I'd waited 6 months for, I got a call from the school saying he was having a rough day and needed me. What was I to do? Like a good mommy, I made it back in time just to see him smiling as he came down the hall, backpack in tow, ready to have yet another half day of leisure. So today, I was thrilled to have an attitude adjustment, no major meltdowns or refusals to go to school, no tears and a pleasant drop-off. We shall see what the day unfolds.

No comments: