Monday, September 3, 2007

The Night Before School

It's the night before school starts again. This was a night I always dreaded as a child. I guess it's the anticipation of the foreboding unknown. Who will my teacher be? Will I have any friends in my class? Luckily for my son, he will already be familiar with most of the children in his class. He is in a very small school that almost hearkens back to the days of the one room schoolhouse. It is odd how you always want what you don't have though. Today again he asked me if he could attend a "big" school like the regular public city schools that were once around the neighborhood corner. Being that he's always been a hyper-sensitive child, I believed a smaller more nurturing environment would suit his temperament better. Funny the things we learn as we go along the road of parenting. Nothing is ever what it seems to be. My son just had his 7th birthday on the weekend. And to bring in all this "cheer" he's had a cold with a high fever. I'm just hoping that tomorrow he'll be well once again. I hope he's not the poster child for bringing colds into the new school year (argh...)!

No comments: