Monday, October 8, 2007

Thanksgiving




It was a quiet, simple Thanksgiving weekend. We cooked a 14lb turkey yesterday (which came out moist and delicious), along with Parmesan mashed potatoes, carrots, peas and turnip. I decided to bake an apple cobbler from a new recipe. It was really good. Some vanilla ice cream would have made it even better. I was going to make apple crisp but realized I had no oats at the last minute. That's so me! All those delicious, crisp apples we picked last weekend are really coming in handy for a variety of dishes. Ontario apples at this time of year are the best. Honeycrisp variety is my favorite.



So today was just like a summer day. Hot, humid and sunny. My son and I did a lot of trekking around and took some great fall leaf pictures. The dogs wore themselves out running up and down the woodsy hills. Last night, Dixie managed to chase a flock of wild turkeys out of the trees. We have loads of small frogs and an abundance of woolly caterpillars. Most of them have really big brown middles and smaller black ends...I'm wondering what the winter weather prediction is for that.

No comments: