Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Pulled in all Directions

It's been a while since I've last written. I've been meaning to (how cliche) but have just been procrastinating...my new best friend since this move of ours. Basically I've been having difficulty trying to balance a new job and home life. Constantly being pulled in all directions and not completing or pleasing any of them. I digress from my whining now...so yesterday was a classic black cloud day. I'm thinking that Murphy actually wants to get to know me really well lately. I woke up a bit late, strangely enough being that my husband was out of town. I went downstairs, noticed the loo needed a flush and instead of relieving itself, it decided to overflow. I've never actually seen that happen before. So as I went to get the mop from the furnace room, I stepped into about an inch of what else, liquid backup from our septic. The day was not looking good at this point. I did manage to get some help to come over but by the time they left, I was now running late at dropping my son at school. We frantically drove off in the windy mist of Tuesday morning and got to school a half hour late. A few tears and hugs later, my boy was off to class and I was darting back home for a quick bite and change and drive to work.


Upon arriving home the air had a foul odour (which I equated to the flooding downstairs). Wrong. It was actually fresh leftovers from my Westie there in all its glory to welcome me in. As for work, it was strictly headaches and problems. I just wanted to go home and sleep at this point. But no, there were still more challenges ahead for me. After picking up my son, driving home, letting the dogs run around, tidy up all the dusty footprints and burrs from outside that are constantly dragged inside, I thought I might have a moment to sit. My husband walked in from his trip just as my son wandered up to me to tell me that he'd just spilled black shoe polish on my favorite fabric chaise. At this point, I lost my faculties. I'd had enough. And that is definitely more than enough headaches for one day.

No comments: