Monday, September 24, 2007

My Mysteries

I don't know how things work in other people's homes, but in my home there are definitely some strange things happening. Like the socks that always seem to go missing in the wash. I know I put both into the washer, but by the time they come out of the dryer, I am always missing at least one match. Then weeks later, the odd sock will show up in a drawer as if it got lonely hanging out wherever it was and decided to join the gang once again. And what about those green "veggies" that have long lost their peak in the fridge drawer and are starting to change form. Does anyone ever throw them out when they see them? No, they just pull out the questionable perpetrator and complain that things are "growing" in there (there, being that dark hole of a vegetable drawer). Why is that a mom's job? And why is it always my job to empty the kitchen garbage even when everyone else can see that the pail can clearly hold no more. I don't know. I guess it's just another great mystery of life.

No comments: