Tuesday, November 6, 2007

The Deer and the Hawk

Sunday morning we finally got to see a deer. I've been waiting a while for this event because back in September my son and parents saw a baby one, but we never did. The large male buck complete with horns, calmly and quietly walked across the road, towards our property, where he then disappeared into the tall reeds. It was so exciting. I look forward to seeing more as winter comes along.

On a sad note, later that afternoon we heard a large crash into the front window. I went out to check because this was much more of a thump than we've ever had. It turns out it was a beautiful brown and white hawk. He must have run into the window at top speed because he broke his neck. That was pretty upsetting. I hope that doesn't happen again.

No comments: