Tuesday, January 8, 2008

And the Mud Goes On (& On & On)

All of the mild weather these past few days has melted a tremendous amount of snow, caused severe fog and created treacherous country roads. I am glad I'm driving a 4x4, because the roads are a mass of pot holes, mud and slippery slopes. Not to mention that my once dark blue car is a subtle shade of mocha and I have yet to see out of my back window for days. My driveway which is about 400 ft. long and is just packed dirt at the moment, has turned into something resembling quicksand with giant tire grooves and craters everywhere. You can just feel the ground sinking as you walk on it (as well as the mushy lawn). It's dirty everywhere and plain gross. Impossible to keep the just groomed pooches out of mud and off my furniture. Every day is loaded with cleaning chores and I'm starting to think that cold and snow is not a bad thing - after all, it is cleaner. And tomorrow my life starts a new adventure...babysitting a friend's farm for 10 days. Stay tuned for some interesting news on that!

No comments: