Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year

I still can't believe it's 2008. Where do the years go? Today I hosted my first tea party. We had over my brother-in-law, his new friend and her daughter. My stepdaughter and her boyfriend were supposed to come but bailed out at the eleventh hour (as usual). So I spent the morning preparing finger sandwiches (cucumber, ham and cream cheese on focaccia and egg salad). I put out a tiered tray of my baking goodies which unfortunately still stare me in the face. And I made homemade orange-infused scones with clotted cream and raspberry jam. It all came out very well. I chose pomegranate green tea to serve and also heated up some pre-made mini quiches. It's been fun doing so much cooking and presenting this holiday, but I'm ready for a break. I still have to take down the Christmas tree and decorations, but that can wait until tomorrow.

No comments: