Saturday, December 29, 2007

The Burning Van

Christmas is now past, the heavy duty cooking and baking behind me, the gift wrapping nothing but a memory. Yahoo! If I eat any more I think I'm going to have to wear expandable pants. So today is just a quiet day. Yesterday we started out driving down our driveway hill to see a blazing inferno across the road. Well, maybe an inferno is an exaggeration. But it was a van on total fire with a huge billowing cloud of black smoke pouring into the sky. Upon further notice, I saw where it was a Bell telephone van halfway up the neighbor's drive. Maybe they're having as much trouble getting a phone as we had and decided to take some action. Anyway, as we headed out of our area, a fast-moving fire truck passed us (luckily) and we knew exactly where that was heading! There is never a dull moment in my life.

No comments: