Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Plants and Flowers

After a terribly cold weekend, I must report that we got a lot of gardening completed. I ache in places I didn't know existed and had a really difficult time dragging myself out of bed this morning. Being that our soil is mainly clay, it required a lot of sweat and muscle power to just cut through the top soil and begin the process of making the flower beds. While I toiled in the backyard, my hubby labored in the front - digging and planting small shrubs and trees. I managed to get most of my plants in the ground but was disillusioned last night to hear that there was a risk of frost! I'm happy to say that all plants survived the night. I will really enjoy watching the plants and flowers come to life and hopefully produce a beautiful garden escape.

No comments: