Sunday, June 3, 2007

Tidy Up Once Again Is the Story of My Life

Things are busy around our house with many showings. Friday we had 4 showings and opted out of the 5th as it was late in the evening. Yesterday we had another 2 showings and today we have 1 so far later this afternoon. It's really hard to live with all the daily stuff packed away and constantly trying to tidy up. I'm exhausted and it's hardly begun. I wonder how many showings we will have before an offer arises. Apparently there are bidding wars happening on real estate here in Toronto, especially now that mortgage rates are about to climb.

Yesterday we drove to the new place and let the dogs take a run. Well, they certainly had fun but what a mess they got into. The ground is still wet and there are several puddles of mud with some funky yellowish construction mud added, so their paws were filthy, crusty and plain disgusting! It made a mess of the backseat of the car too. And guess who gets to clean it up? Yours truly of course. And my hubby wants to go there again today while the next showing happens...with the dogs. Argh...so I will go equipped with towels and wipes today. Enough of this nonsense. I have to make my cleaning up as minimal as possible from now on.

My next task today is to give my son a haircut, then make sure he gets his homework finished. Then I will have to run the vacuum again and quickly dust areas that are showing mote accumulation again. How do those little things pile up so quickly anyway? These days cleaning is the general story theme of my life.

No comments: