Friday, July 13, 2007

Fish

This morning started with the aquarium services guys arriving an hour before they were due. Luckily I was just dressed when the door rang. And after 2 hours, our 95 gallon salt water tank (complete with beautiful fish) was disassembled and packed up in a van. The room where the tank sat is quiet now...no hum of filters. My son and husband were quite upset at them leaving. I must admit I do miss our plump puffer fish. He was my favorite. It was fun to feed him dried shrimp by hand. And occasionally he'd take a gulp of water and spit it out at us. Being the largest guy in the tank, it was peaceful watching him lumber around, completely blowing up like a sphere once in a while. Our fresh water tank was also taken down and removed. We had a placostamus fish in there that was around 8 years old and a good 10 inches long. This is one hobby that we can't maintain where we are moving since we can't get help to look after it if we're away. And who wants to remain housebound to fish?
The rest of the day was taken care of with packing, phone calls, a long bike ride with my son and take-out Chinese. And now I will wind down my day, read to my son and put him to bed...and then if I'm lucky, watch a program of my choosing.

No comments: