Friday, August 24, 2007

Still Scrambling

It has been such a busy week. There have been numerous hurdles we've encountered since moving in. On the good side, we received a passing grade on our well water test (as the first one came back contaminated). So we can use the water without worrying about gastric problems. The backup generator is now installed - which I'm hearing from other country folk is going to serve us well in the future. The TV satellite finally got installed. The first installer just didn't want to get up on the roof (we think) so we had to have an 8' pole put up in order to accommodate that dish...getting a subcontractor that actually wants to do his job is a real challenge! Now if only we could get the phone line put in. That would really make me feel better. Using cell phones is fine, but not my choice for a primary phone. But I spoke with a nice lady today at Bell Canada, and Tuesday I will find out how and when the line will be put in. So as the thunder and lightning starting up, I will sign off so as not to have my computer zapped. Hope all's well in your world.

No comments: